Tuesday, December 16, 2008


Happy Birthday to me, and what a celebration I have enjoyed. The snow showers continue and the showers of blessing keep coming too! I haven't fixed a meal today. Carl started the day with eggs on toast before I headed off in the "wintery mix" to teach. Then a driver picked me up from school and I was brought home for a gourmet lunch including cheese sandwiches, sparkling cider and ending with petite fours. Returning to school in the afternoon, I was greeted by lots of people saying "you've got flowers in the office. Well what a wonderful and touching surprise it was to read the greeting and share that they had come from my son who is on a ship in the Persian Gulf and I'm pretty sure with some help from his sweet wife. Well they are beautiful and make me smile. I was also showered with gifts from teachers and students as well. The memory of this one will linger for a long time. God's has blessed me all these years.

1 comment:

Bolivian Boomie said...

happy birthday nancy! wish i could have dropped by to give you a birthday greeting but with the snow i didn't dare. glad you enjoyed your birthday celebrations!