Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tuesday November 11, 2008
Today is Veteran's Day and we acknowledge all the veterans that have served our country. Thank you!! As an expression of our appreciation, Carl and I participated in a Veteran's Day Parade in the Hollywood District. It started out as a rainy day, but by the time of the Parade, only a little misty. The streets were lined with a colorful mix of veterans, families, couples, singles, most waving flags and cheering for those who served our country. As usual, our friends Mr. Carter was looking for us and rode in the front seat of the Jeep for the last mile or so. The Parade ended with a ceremony at the veteran's memorial on Sandy Blvd and fly by of 4 screeching F - something jets.


Wednesday November 19, 2008
It is beautiful day with the last of the fall colors fading to brown and the promise of turning to mush with the next rain. I have candles lite and bread baking.
I read Galatians this moring and had a vision that made me laugh. Chapter 5:6 says . . . walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. I thought of a three legged race where two people tie one leg together and race to the finish line. This reminded me of John in first grade with one of his friends at Field Day. What a team them were working together and sailing into first place. That's how I want live, tied to the Holy Spirit, in the race of life. I/We just need to get that rhythm down.
I am trying to figure how to get pictures included in this blog, but will keep at it.

No comments: